Big, Messy Online Christmas Carol Choir
Our friends at Oak Grove United Methodist are organizing a big, giant, messy Sing-along of Silent Night and Angles We Have Heard on High so that you can record yourself singing along and Scott can edit it into a Joyfully Imperfect way for all of us to sing together this Christmas!
Who: You! You're kids, your friends, anybody who is willing to sing along and record themselves!
What you need to record yourself:
1. A computer or smart phone with a mic and camera that is internet capable and access to internet or mobile data.
2. download the Zoom app if you don't already have it. (if you've been to a zoom meeting, you have it!) https://zoom.us/download
3. Headphones so that you can listen to my recording, but just record yourself. (this helps with editing it all together!)
1. Click on the google files attached so that you can listen along.
2. Plug in headphones and make sure you can hear.
3. Open zoom and click on the "orange camera" icon labeled "new meeting" This will start a zoom meeting.
4. At the bottom of the zoom screen there is a menu of controls that includes "record on this computer" click on that. Sometimes it will be inside "...More", just click on "...More" and then click on "record on this computer"
5. Start the music so that you can hear it in your headphones and sing along while recording!
6. Click "stop recording" when you're done. You can stop and try again many times in the same meeting, it won't hurt anything.
7. When you end the meeting, zoom will show a dialogue box telling you that it will render the video.
8. When it's done, the file will appear in your "documents" folder inside a Zoom folder.
9. Open the zoom folder, then open the meeting folder. Inside you will find 3 kinds of files. Attach into an email the video (zoom_0... or 1,2 3... whatever version you like) and audio (audio_only) files of the recordings you want to share (choose one that makes you smile, not one that's perfect!) and email them to Scott at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some tips for better recording:
1. Choose a quiet place with little background noise.
2. Be close to the computer or cell phone -- just your head/s in the screen is perfect, this gives better sound quality and looks better in the "Brady Bunch" screen that is the end result.
3. Sing any part you want! Tom and I sang bass and soprano, but you're welcome to sign along in any way that you feel good about!
The copy of the hymnal pages and the videos for you to sing along with are attached!
Angels We Have Heard On High